FRACTURE: A SAPAN Production
With the SAPAN Performance company, our Resident Artists perform at public and private events throughout the Washington, D.C. area. Our professionally trained dancers, singers and musicians provide a unique artistic variety bringing extraordinary skill, innovation and enthusiasm to the stage.
The collective in-house expertise of our Resident Artists allows SAPAN to offer a range of performances, including:
- Individual and group performances in a number of South Asian dance genres, inclduing classical and semi-classical, folk, Bolloywood film and modern/fusion dance;
- Live vocal and instrumental performances;
- Live vocal and instrumental performances incorporating live dance; and
- Theatrical and lyrical dancing incorporating dramatic storytelling.
We can come to you! Looking for a unique performance for your next event? Tell us about it and we'll send you some ideas.
The SAPAN Institute compromises of the most talented musicians and dancers specializing in an South Asian art form. We pride ourselves with having a strong foundation in dance from classical styles (Bharatanatyam) to modern (Bollywood, Jazz, Hip Hop) and in music from flute and tabla to singing lessons. If you are interested in private or semi-private classes please reach out to us and let us know your interest and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Interested in renting costumes for an upcoming performance or event? The SAPAN Institute houses a variety of costumes in multiples. Please let us know your needs and we will get back to you with availability and pricing!
The SAPAN Institute can provide customized choreography to various dance styles based on your needs if you (or a group) are performing for an upcoming event! If desired, we can also assist in selecting and editing songs and creating mixes for your event. Please let us know what you are looking for and the date of your event and we will get back to you with options and pricing as soon as possible!
In addition to offering a range of performances, SAPAN also puts together full-scale productions to showcase South Asian music, dance, and theater.
- SAPAN’s In-House Productions include highlighting our talented dancers, musicians, and actors through performance and plays. From time to time, we also bring in guest artists who add a new element to our team. Through our in-house productions, we aim to give South Asian music, dance, and theater well-deserved recognition in the DC area.
- SAPAN’s Original Concept Productions bring together all aspects South Asian music, dance, and theater in one unique production. We start our Original Concept Productions by selecting a traditional story and looking at it through a new set of eyes. SAPAN puts together a script, writes all original music, and choreographs dances for a completely new theatrical experience.
SAPAN is unique in that it is the only organization that brings together South Asian music, dance, and theater under one organization so that every piece of each production is true to South Asian culture. A list of our upcoming productions can be found on our events page.